Memorandum of Understanding
The aim of this agreement is to provide all members and partners of this Alliance with an understanding of how the work of the Teaching School will be led and managed. It is anticipated that this agreement will develop over time as the Teaching School Alliance evolves.
Accountability and Governance
The Teaching School will be led by a management board to ensure:
- compliance with National College and Department for Education requirements
- progress towards meeting all the Key Performance Indicators
- appropriate confidentiality is secured
The management board will be constituted as follows:
- the headteachers from Etherley Lane Nursery School and Prince Bishops Community Primary School.
- alliance members who are strategic leads for one of the key performance areas
- the teaching school manager
- a governor of Prince Bishops Community Primary School (as the fund holder and employer of the TSM)
- a representative from the wider alliance
This group will have formal accountability for the work, impact and finances of the Teaching School Alliance and will provide summary reports annually for the governing bodies of all alliance schools.
The management board will meet termly. All members are expected to attend. If a member of the board does not attend two consecutive meetings, the board will consider the circumstances and take a decision regarding their continued involvement.
Teaching School Headteachers
Etherley Lane Nursery School and Prince Bishops Community Primary School are the designated teaching schools and leads for the alliance. Therefore, the headteachers of both the schools will:
- be operational leads for the alliance and take overall responsibility.
- take line management responsibility for any teaching school employees, including the TSM.
- commit to meeting regularly to drive forward the work of the alliance and to evaluate its impact.
Strategic Leads (SLs)
- work pro-actively with other board members to facilitate and support the work of the alliance.
- take responsibility for a specific area of the alliance’s work and will be the chair person for any working parties/subcommittee in their area of responsibility. They will develop policies relating to their field of work.
- be responsible for liaising with strategic partners relevant to their area. They will maintain regular communication with the TSM and the Headteachers of Prince Bishops Community Primary School and Etherley Lane Nursery School.
- manage any budget delegated by the management board and ensure that consistent financial standards are maintained.
- present a report on progress within their area to the management board termly.
All Alliance Members
All members will:
- Work collaboratively and inclusively to achieve the aims and objectives of the alliance.
- Adopt, where appropriate, any policies developed.
- Consider the involvement of the alliance in school improvement planning.
- Support the alliance by implementing any agreed actions.
- Subject to capacity, supply system leaders to support the alliance.
- Explain and promote the work of the alliance to non alliance schools and providers
- Respect the sensitive nature of some of the alliance’s work and maintain confidentiality.
- Understand the need to work with strategic partners to quality assure the work of the alliance.
All alliance members will be invited to attend a termly meeting. Members are encouraged to attend the meeting, send a representative in their place, or send apologies. If a member does not attend two consecutive meetings, the board will consider the circumstances and take a decision regarding their continued involvement.
Click Here to download a copy of the Memorandum of Understanding